Our volunteers come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but their hearts are pink and their caring has no limit. Are you a leader, a thinker or a doer? Use your talents in our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever! We need you now more than ever. Volunteers provide countless hours contributing their skills to further the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® promise. We will work with your availability. Every minute you spend helping gives another minute of hope to those affected by breast cancer.
Volunteer for specific positions. Please note that if you have volunteered for us in the past you need to look for the sentence 'Hello. Already a Member?' and click on sign in before selecting a job for this event. You will receive confirmation of your volunteer registration that will include your point of contact on event day.
Volunteer for general positions. Filling out this form does not sign you up for specific events but gives us a general ideas of your areas of interest. For more information e-mail email@example.com, or call 632-8887.
Program areas looking for volunteers include:
- Race for the Cure (5k Walk/Run or 1 mile family walk - numerous sub committees needed to put on this event) Volunteer Now
- Pooches in Pink Colorado Springs (pet-friendly walk the day before Race for the Cure - sub committees needed to put on this event) Volunteer Now
- Pooches in Pink Pueblo Style (pet-friendly walk in Pueblo)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October (same as Special/Third Party Events during October)
- Bowl for the Cure (bowling events)
- Education Committee (share breast health information at health fairs and more)
- Fundraising Committee (plan and manage Affiliate sponsored events including mail campaigns)
- Mother’s Day Tea (tea and silent auction)
- Pink in the Park (Sky Sox baseball event)
- Rally for the Cure (golf and tennis)
- Shades of Pink (buy, sell, and manage Komen merchandise)
- Speakers Bureau (those willing to speak about breast cancer and/or Komen)
- Special/Third Party Events Committee (ensures compliance with Komen guidelines regarding individuals and organizations who want to raise money for our Affilaite)
- Affiliate Volunteer Committee (solicits and manages volunteers for Affiliate events)
- Community Programs Advocacy
- Grants Committee (team of health professionals, survivors, and advocates who select grantees and ensure compliance)
- Office Help (provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Affiliate Coordinator - requires using a computer and answering phones)
- Marketing/PR (public relations and marketing plans for the Affiliate and Race)
- Survivor Committee (survivors getting survivors involved in the community)
- Survivor Luncheon and Fashion Show (event to honor breast cancer survivors)